Although the benefits of journaling and getting things out of your head are getting a lot of traction, it is still underrated. There is no better way to understand what you think and what’s going down in your head than writing it down.
Journaling is a great way to reduce stress and anxiety in your life. It is a great way to track your progress and see what you have achieved so far. It also helps you to hone your writing and communication skills giving you more self-confidence. Also, journaling your goals can help you to be more accountable and achieve them faster.
Funny thing is, most people, having known all benefits of journaling don’t write a journal. They feel it overwhelming or don’t know where to start.
Most people overcomplicate the act of journaling.
The simplest way to start journaling is to have journal prompts. Having a set of predefined questions helps you to make it more efficient and effective
Here are some of my favorite journal prompts that have worked for me and I believe will do wonders for you too:
Journal Prompts About Personal Development
- What are the three important goals I want to achieve in life?
- Who is my biggest inspiration and why?
- Where will I be in the next 1 year?
- Where will I be in the next 5 years?
- What motivates me to keep going?
- The mindset I wish to create is:
- Was I a better person today than I was yesterday?
- Were my actions guided by love or fear?
- Am I a good example for those around me?
- Where am I not being honest with myself and why?
- What mistake did I make today?
- What bad habits do I need to cut out?
- What good habits did I keep today?
- How can I add more happiness to my life?
- What are my biggest time wasters?
- What things am I willing to do, If I want to be my best self?
- Was I my best self today?
- Am I thinking negative thoughts before I fall asleep?
- If I had to describe myself today, what would I say today?
- What is stopping me from growing, or reaching my potential?
- What would I do if I weren’t being judged?
- What would I do if knew I couldn’t fail?
- Am I using my time wisely?
- If I were to die tomorrow, what would I regret?
Journal Prompts About My Relationships With Others
- How did I make others feel?
- Did I express my gratitude to someone who helped me today?
- Whose behavior made me feel worst today?
- Whose behavior made me feel the best today?
- What did I hate today?
- Who did I get along with today?
- Did I care about others today?
- What did I do for somebody else today?
- What could I do to help other people today?
Journal Prompts About Professional Development
- What goals do I want to achieve this quarter? How will I achieve those goals?
- What did I do today that will get me closer to my career goals?
- What is it about my job that makes me happiest?
- What is one area I can learn more about in order to be better at my job?
- What are my strengths? Am I putting those strengths to good use?
- What am I most proud of professionally? Why?
- What problem did I encounter today?
- How did I treat my co-workers today?
- What did I learn from my co-workers today?
- What did I accomplish today?
- What achievement at work did I have today?
- What action could have been done differently today?
- How was my relationship with my colleagues today?
- What do I want my career to look like in one year? What are my action steps?
- What do I want my career to look like in five years? 10 years? What are my action steps?
- Does my job leave me feeling professionally fulfilled? Does it make me happy? Why or why not?
- What is my ideal work routine? How can I make that a reality in my life?
Journal Prompts About Financial Independence
- What would I do if I was financially free today?
- How does money bring me joy?
- What would you like your financial life to look like in the next 5 years?
- What is the best & worst advice I received about money?
- Do I track my finances? Why or why not?
- How much did I spend today?
- What did I do today towards my goal of financial independence?
- How much did I make today?
- What did I invest in today?
- What is my investment income today?
- Do I believe I am worthy of a prosperous life?
- When was the last time I felt prosperous?
- What, to me, is the purpose of money?
- What, in my opinion, is a good amount of money to have?
- What and how much am I willing to sacrifice for my financial Independence?
Journal Prompts About Health
- What time did I wake up and What time did I go to bed last night?
- What time did I wake up this morning?
- Did I sleep well last night?
- What did I dream of last night?
- What am I going to do with my day today?
- What can I do to be more active?
- What sport can I do today to be healthier today?
- How is my mental state today?
- How is my physical condition today?
- How did I feel today?
- Did I work out today?
- What food did I eat today?
- How much water did I drink today?
- How much stress was I today?
Journal Prompts About Family Happiness
- What did I or can I do for my family today?
- What did my family do for me today?
- What would I like to do today to make my family feel happier?
- Have I expressed my love to my family?
- What do I like most about my family?
- Who do I like the most in my family?
- What have I done for my parents recently?
- What have I done for my partner recently?
- Do I spend enough time with my family?
- Is my family happy with me?
- How satisfied am I with my family life?
- What makes my family unique?
- How can I bring more love to my family?
- What activities do I love most doing with my family?
- What are my 10 happiest family moments?
- What are my family goals?
Journal Prompts About Goal setting/ Planning
- Where do I see myself in the next 5 years?
- What do I want to achieve this year?
- What are my goals for this month?
- Three things I must do today are:
- What kind of inspiration can make my future go further today?
- What could or did I do for my weekly goal today?
- What is the one thing I could start doing today to improve the quality of my life?
- What can I do to live a better life tomorrow?
- From a broad perspective, what are the things that are not really important?
- What question should I ask myself today?
- What am I particularly proud of or grateful for?
- Could I or did I do something out of my comfort zone?
- How can I do better tomorrow?
- Who am I helping by doing what I most want to do?
Journal Prompts About Realization of Dreams
- What would I give up to make my dream a reality?
- What did I do to change my world today?
- Three things I must do tomorrow are:
- What’s the reason I procrastinated today?
- What achievement did I make in my area of focus today?
- What distractions wasted my time?
- Am I on the right path?
- What can I do to make my future better?
- Do I still remember what I am striving for?